Pages

Thursday 14 November 2013

Introduction Post

My name is Elizabeth. I used to be really into chess, I learned when I was 19 and played recreationally for a couple of years with my friends, and then I just stopped. There's no definitive reason as to why I stopped. I suppose I just got too busy with work, work prevented me from seeing my friends, and chess just faded from my memory. From 23 to 31, I didn't play a single game. Chess never entered my mind.

I'm 31 now. In August of 2013, I was hanging out with the person who had first taught me to play chess, and it just came to my head - we should play. So we played. And played. And played. And I fell in love with the game again.

In the past three months, I've been playing as much as I can, and studying as much as I can. I didn't know that there was so much to learn. No one had ever taught me about openings, about the opening/middle/endgame, weak squares and strong squares, etc. I was a good chess player, but I didn't know that any of that existed. I just played for fun with my friends, and if they knew all that stuff, they didn't tell me. I'm fascinated that there is so much more to learn about the game, and I've noticed a huge improvement in my game from the things that I've learned.

I love chess. This is my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment