Pages

Sunday 17 November 2013

Chess Club, Part 1

I joined my university's chess club and the first meeting is tomorrow. I'm excited but also a bit nervous because I don't know what to expect. I've never been a part of a chess club before. I've never played chess with a stranger before, but I guess after I meet the other chess club members, they won't be strangers anymore. I suppose we'll meet up and get to know each other and then play some chess together. I hope that everyone is nice and friendly and laid back and that no one gets frustrated with me - for someone who's as passionate about chess as I am, I'm not an amazingly fantastic player. On a scale of 1 to 5, I think that I'm a 2.5 who can occasionally play as a 3. I suppose I am average. And that's okay. I'm not aiming to be the best chess player in the world, I'm aiming to be the best chess player that I can be, through sheer love of the game.

No comments:

Post a Comment